If you find yourself in your golden years and you want to spend them traveling, why not consider a river cruise? Not only will you get to set out and see the world without the fear of getting lost or missing a flight, but you’ll also be able to enjoy the luxury that comes with a fun, luxurious river cruises specifically designed for seniors looking to live it up! Here are some of the best river cruises for seniors to consider:
- Scenic Sapphire and Scenic Diamond: Cruising through Bordeaux and its amazing sights, best enjoyed through large windows or out in the open air, both of these river cruises are especially loved by those seniors that want to really enjoy life on the cruise itself! There are many classes, including culinary ones, and even guest lectures so that you can go from one enjoyable activity to another!
- Uniworld: This is the perfect cruise for seniors that want to stay truly active and enjoy some great explorations onshore when they stop in various ports. Offering everything from Nordic walking to biking, these are all fun and active explorations specifically designed to be accessible for seniors, yet still vibrant and fun so that you don’t feel like you have to settle for the same, outdated activities that you’ve done on other trips away.
- Viking River Cruise: In contrast, this is focused on relaxing, soothing exploration around Europe and Asia. You can do all sorts of active things, including hunting for truffles, or something more relaxed such as a professional ballet or opera viewing. Designed to be an “every man for himself” occasion, this will help everyone choose their own exploration. This is especially popular for seniors, as this is an adults-only cruise that really focuses on senior-friendly activities and excursions onboard and onshore, too.
- Avalon Waterways: While this isn’t necessarily a senior’s cruise, it is a popular one due to its wide selection of wines and beer as well as large amounts of onboard entertainment. One of the focuses of this cruise is that every cabin has a large window that is directly opposite the bed. This allows every guest to enjoy watching the world sail by from the comfort of bed!
- Tauck: If you are a senior who is taking on the world solo, or looking for some time away to rest up and recharge, Tauck cruises are especially helpful. They offer all sorts of savings for single seniors and you often get your pick of itineraries with added no-added-cost supplements, whatever you think that you choose. This includes your own private cabin rather than bunking with other single seniors.
The honest truth is that traveling and seeing the world is one of the best parts about being a senior. Yet, many don’t know how many exciting places they can go with the convenience and comfort of a river cruise as their preferred mode of travel! With all of these 5 different river cruise options, the only thing left is to pack your bags and book your ticket.